lunedì 17 luglio 2017

George III Oval Serving tray c 1790

Che titolone !
What a title !

§ Ma non sapevo che altro scrivere per introdurre un nuovo acquisto per la Casa Rossa.

§ But I didn't know how to introduce a new item for the Casa Rossa.

 § Che segue questo negletto blog da anni sa che la casa quando sarà finita, quando e non se, sarà arredata in stile contemporaneo/vintage/antico/boho ..... insomma sarà una casa vissuta dove ogni generazione ha lasciato un segno.

§ Those who follow this neglected blog since the beginning know that when the house will be finished, when and not if, it will be furnished in contemporary/vintage/antique/boho style .... well, it will be a lived in house where each generation has left a mark.

§  Così ci sarà spazio per un vassoio antico e prezioso fatto di mogano intarsiato con legno di pero  e maniglie di ottone.
Un gioiellino eseguito dalle sapienti mani di Geoffrey Wonnacott che ho acquistato al SIMP lo scorso Giugno.
L'unico pezzo che la famiglia si potesse permettere ma per me è un vero tesoro.

§ Thus there will be space for an ancient and precious tray made in mahogany with burr veneer inlaid with a pearwood center and brass carry handles.
A little jewel made by the skillful hands of Geoffrey Wannacott and which I bought at the SIMP last June.
The only piece which the family might afford but a true treasure to me.

§ Ora sto aspettando una teiera che gli renda giustizia.... adoro l'argento ;o)
Ma forse ho bisogno di un tavolo come si deve prima !!!

§ Now I am waiting a teapot hich can do it justice .... I do love silver ;o)
But perhaps I need a proper coffee table first !!!

14 commenti:

Remco ha detto...

WOW this is really a fantastic serving plate.
Indeed a silver teapot will do justice on it...

Daydreamer ha detto...

Dear Rosanna, I LOVE that tiny tray! You will not believe it, but I have one just like it is 1:1 scale!!! Your mini version is just Perfect and makes me wish I could find one too! I am so glad that Casa Rossa WILL be finished someday! It is the process that takes time and love to do it right! I love seeing every little update here! :):)

Linda Carswell ha detto...

I adore your tray Rosanna.....a lovely addition. It was also nice to see your new (Margaret Crosswell) piece and hear about your meeting with Norma. I am missing Paris so much, we (I) constantly talk of returning.....maybe next year..?

Contrastes-Rosa Mª ha detto...

Preciosa bandeja,feliz verano:-)

Giac ha detto...

Buongiorno Rosanna,
Quel vassoio è squisito! Sono un grande fan di Wonnacott e hai scelto un pezzo incredibile.
Grande abbraccio
Giac

Fabiola ha detto...

Molto bello.

Юлия ha detto...

Wow! Sono impressionato. E 'così bello! Questo vassoio è molto elegante e affidabile, bellissimo ricordo dell'antichità. Lo shopping meraviglioso, complimenti! Abbracci, Julia

cockerina ha detto...

wow! è bellissimo!! brava, ottimo acquisto!

Drora's minimundo ha detto...

Gorgeous tray! A lovely family treasure!
Hugs, Drora

elizabeth s ha detto...

It is such a BEAUTIFUL tray it is almost a shame to put anything on it! Even so, I love the color and the shape of your china yet I agree that a silver teapot would be a very worthy addition, and
I hope that eventually you will find exactly what you are looking for Rosanna. But in the meantime I am glad that you were able to meet some new as well as old friends at SIMP. That Norma gal really gets around! ;D

BiWuBär ha detto...

Elizabeth has already put my thoughts into words - this tray is so special and beautiful that it would be a pity to cover it with pots and cups and dishes. Nevertheless I keep my fingers crossed that one day you'll find the perfect silver tea pot for it... ;O)

Hugs
Birgit

Irene ha detto...

What a beautiful piece and such a lovely thing to own.

JDayMinis ha detto...

Wow, the tray is so exquisite, I hope you will be posting more again. I love to teacozy you made. Mostly lurking, Hugs, Jean

urgent loan ha detto...

I have just received a loan of $800,000 from this man Dr. James Eric in less than 24 hours. He is a sincere and trustworthy gentleman I admit For all your loan application needs, contact him at his: Email: financialserviceoffer876@gmail.com Whatsapp: +918929509036 For more information.